Automotive Technician - ASE Certified (Chicago, IL)
Apply Now | Back to Jobs
Location: Chicago land Area
11130 South Corliss Avenue, Chicago, IL 60628
Benefits: Full Benefits Paid-Health Insurance
Automotive Technician-ASE Certified
- Location: Chicagoland Area
- Base Pay: $31.50 /Hour book time with base pay.
- Other: Full Benefits Paid-Health Insurance.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts, Consumer Products, Retail
- Job ID: Automotive Technician
- Job Type: Automotive
- Required Education: High School
- Required Experience: At least 2 year(s)
- Required Travel: Negligible
- Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Job Contact Info
- Company: Wentworth Tire
- Contact: Ken Jager JR
- Phone: 773 821 4802
Wentworth Tire Services, Chicago’s most complete tire service since 1932, keeps customer vehicles on the road with superior sales and attention to detail. While technology has changed dramatically over the years, one thing has remained constant at Wentworth Tire—our commitment to providing customers with the most complete services with knowledgeable personnel at state-of-the-art facilities.
With 5 locations across Chicago, Wentworth Tire is the right place to build a career. Join us!!
As a Technician, you will diagnose and repair automotive systems.
Job Activity Description:
- Assisting (not training) technician mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintains an organized and neat bay.
Entry Level Technician
- 1-2 years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience to succeed in this position.
- A high level of motivation and energy and strong customer service skills are also required.
Senior Mechanic / Automotive Technician
- At least 2-3 years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience.
- 3 ASE certifications are required for this position.
- You'll also need a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
Lead Mechanic / Master Technician
- 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem- solving and repair experience as you mentor and teach associates while discussing problems with customers.
- You will also need 5 ASE certifications, strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.
Over 80 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
Please visit our website at www.wentworthtire.com to learn more about our organization and locations.